This week it’s my all time favourite authors, so without further ado:
1. C S Lewis The Chronicles of Narnia were what first got me into reading, so I have a lot to thank this guy for. 🙂
2. Marissa Meyer As I’ve said many times before, Marissa’s Lunar Chronicles are amazing. Definitely one of the best YA series I’ve ever read.
3. L M Montgomery Anne of Green Gables was another one of my favourite books as a child, (I read the whole series several times) and her other books are mostly good too.
4. Lauren Child. Lauren is one of the best children’s authors out there in my opinion, and I still enjoy reading her books. (Yep, a 16 year old still enjoys Charlie and Lola and Ruby Redfort. Deal with it)
5. John Flanagan Ranger’s Apprentice is amazing, and Brotherband is almost equally so. I love coming back to them over and over again.
6. Laura Ingalls Wilder Little House on the Prairie and the other books in the series are another old favourite.
7. Roald Dahl Yet another childhood favourite. I remember reading pretty much every one of his books at some point.
8. Rick Riordan. One of the authors I discovered more recently. The Percy Jackson books were very addictive.
9. M I McAllister The only reason she’s so far down this list is because I’ve only read the Mistmantle Chronicles and I have no idea how her other books measure up. Otherwise she’d be right up after Mr. Lewis (who gets automatic first place for introducing me to Fantasy)
10. L Frank Baum This man’s books are absolutely delightful. I always go back to the Oz books when I’m sad.
So, that’s it. Sorry if this post feels rushed, I have a lot of things to get done today. Who are your favourite authors?