It was my seventeenth birthday on Tuesday (yay!) and there was cake but no marshmallows. I also got a graphics tablet and it is fantastic. I was going to post this on my actual birthday, but procrastination happened (I keep procrastinating for no reason. Probably ought to stop doing that). Anyway, to celebrate (in a way) I thought I’d make a list of things I want to do before I’m eighteen. Some are things that I actually have specific plans for, some are just things I’d like to do. So without further ado:
1/2. Stop Procrastinating Procrastination is bad. It prevents you from doing things. But I just can’t stop for some reason. Maybe I’m addicted. Sometimes I even procrastinate things I want to do. If I’m going to get anything done I really have to stop procrastinating. Let’s start now by stopping writing about procrastination and getting on with the list.
1. Finish the First Drafts for Wolf Cry and it’s Sequels I really want to get these written down because a) they’re going to be super fun to write, b) when I’ve got the first drafts down, I can start editing! I know a lot of writers hate editing, but I actually love it. In fact I actually have to forcibly stop myself from editing while I write. Those aren’t the only reasons I want to finish the first drafts before this time next year, but they’re the easiest reasons to put down in words.
2. Go to Art College This is something I’m actually going to do this year rather than something I hope to do. The only question is where to go, since there are several options in the area.
3. Own at least One Item of Fandom Related Clothing/Jewelry I don’t generally buy fandom related stuff. I have several plushies and such I’ve made myself, but I really would like to own something I can wear. I’m considering spending some of my birthday money on this part.
4. Have a Movie Marathon I didn’t have a complete Lord of the Rings – Hobbit marathon for my birthday, but I would still like to have some kind of movie marathon before my next birthday.
5. Learn Japanese because a) I’ve been enthralled by Japan for years, and b) I’d love to learn a new language. I tried learning French once, but it was incredibly boring. No idea how I’ll learn Japanese, but I hope to somehow.
6. Watch an Anime While we’re on the subject of Japan, I’ve been wanting to watch some ‘real’ anime for some time now but it’s proving difficult to find something I know I’ll enjoy. I briefly tried an anime a few months ago but it got splatty all of a sudden and I’m super squeamish when it comes to gore. If anyone knows of a good anime which doesn’t have excessive amounts of blood or inappropriate content, please let me know.
7. Visit Beatrix Potter’s House Since we moved, the Beatrix Potter museum (which used to be her house!) is only an hour’s drive or so away. Apparently it’s great, and I’d love to visit it some time. I don’t know why we haven’t yet 😛
8. Climb Mount Skiddaw another nearby attraction is Mount Skiddaw, the fourth highest mountain in England (I can see it from my bedroom window!). I’d love to climb it, but I don’t know if I’ll survive XD
9. See an Otter Apparently there are otters living by a stream nearby, but I haven’t seen one yet. Hopefully I will eventually.
10. Buy Books I don’t often buy books, but what with the library’s pathetic collection of books and Winter coming out, I think this year is going to have considerably more book buying than usual.