Unfortunately, I won’t be able to do Adelle’s Interview this month. I was ill and a bunch of stuff happened so I didn’t have enough time to sort it out. However, I will be doing Beautiful People for the first time this year! The questions are really interesting. Anyway, here we go:
Adelle is one of the main cast of my webcomic-in-planning.
1. How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger?
Adelle smiles a lot. She’s more often smiling than not. She would absolutely smile at a stranger if she felt like it. Perhaps not if said stranger happened to scare her, but that’s pretty unusual.
2. What is the cruelest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?
That her mother was never coming back for her. She retreated into herself for days and didn’t talk to anyone. Everyone’s been sensitive about the topic ever since.
3. What is the kindest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?
That her mother would be proud of her, from someone that would actually mean something from. She didn’t really seem to have much of a reaction to it, but she was truly happy for the rest of that day.
4. What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?
Her mother singing to her (man we’ve been talking about her mother a lot this post). For some reason it’s the only really clear memory of her mother she has, so she holds onto it closely.
5. What book (a real actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading?
I don’t know about benefit, but I think she’d really enjoy Howl’s Moving Castle and it’s sequels.
6. Have they ever been seriously injured? How severely? How did they react?
She’s had a fair few minor injuries but nothing very serious.
7. Do they like and get along with their neighbours?
She doesn’t have neighbours exactly, but she gets along well with pretty much every one in the Dove Organization (most of them live in the same building so they’re kind of neighbours).
8. On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with?
About a 7 usually, I think. She’s very cheerful and friendly, though it is to the point some people might (and do) find it annoying
9. If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?
Wherever her mother is (she keeps popping up, doesn’t she?). In a more general way, she’d love to visit Shinzhou some time.
10. Who was the last person they held hands with?
She holds hands with a lot of people. Likely the last person will have been Jackson though.
Well, that was fun. Hopefully I’ll be able to do Adelle’s interview next month. In the meantime, I hope you all enjoyed this.