It’s time for Beautiful People again, and this month it’s a lazy, Summery theme. I’ll be doing Gwen again, since Caelan and Red are usually too busy killing things to have holidays. (this is Gwen before the book begins)
1. What’s their favourite ice cream flavour?
They don’t really have ice-cream in her world, but if they did, her favourite would probably be raspberry.
2. Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where are they going? What are they wearing? Who will they be with?
The closest thing to a night out would be if there was a ball or something, in which case she’d be wearing an elaborate ball gown, probably blue. She’d most likely be going with her friend Connor (who was previously called Bran)
3. Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Do they wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Are they in socks that are ratty and full of holes? What do they consider comfortable and what do they consider agony?
Indoors and on formal occasions, she usually wears custom made Felician dancing shoes, since they’re very comfortable. If she’s training or outdoors she’s more likely to wear boots, as they’re far more durable. (the average Felician will go through about a dozen pairs of dancing shoes a year)
4. Do they have any birthmark or scars? Where are they and how did they get them?
She has a few small nondescript birthmarks in various places, but none really worth mentioning individually.
5. What kind of music do they listen to? Does it change depending on their mood or is it always consistent? (Feel free to share samples!)
She doesn’t really ever listen to music just for the sake of it. She used to enjoy her mother’s singing though.
6. Do they have any musical talent? Play an instrument? How’s their singing voice?
No she doesn’t have any musical talent whatsoever. Her singing voice is terrible XD
7. What kind of book would you catch them reading?
Recently you can often find her reading pretty much anything about magic and fairies, though the different accounts vary so greatly she’s almost given up on the subject. For fun she likes to read old folktales and legends (of which almost any could be true, considering the world she lives in)
8. How would they spend their summers (or their holidays)?
She always spends the summer in Felicia with her twelve cousins (all of them girls), which generally involves a lot of girlishness and ridiculous amounts of festivals.
9. It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. Ex. If they’re eating breakfast, what’s on the menu? Are they hiking, shopping, lazing around?
She’s likely training with Connor. If he’s busy or the weather is especially bad, you can usually find her in the library, reading.
10. Is there anything your character wants to be free of?
Calanthe. (if you don’t remember who Calanthe is, I wrote a little bit about her here)
Lastly, I have a couple of things to announce.
First, Wolf Cry has a new cover:
I decided to go for a more minimalistic view, because the old cover was a bit of a mess.
Secondly my Blogoversary Giveaway ends on Monday morning (20th July – GMT), so if you haven’t entered yet, now is the time to do so.
So that’s that. Did you do Beautiful People this month? If you did, I’d love to see your post! 😀